This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treo650 set up problems

Hey all I am attempting to set up my Treo 650 to sync with contact. I have installed via Konsole both Kitchensync and kpilot. My Treo connects via usb and I can not get Kontact to recognize my connection. Does someone have a step by step that will help me?

Thanks.
    Compaq Presario 2500 Laptop, Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz, 1g ram, ATI Video,

Re: Treo650 set up problems

Success! Here is what I did.

First I created /etc/udev/rules.d/10.custom.rules. (Alt+f2 then type "kdesu kate /etc/udev/rules.d/10-custom.rules" without ""

Once that was opened I typed;

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="PalmOne Handheld*", KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", NAME{ignore_remove}=="treo", MODE=="666"

BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="palmOne Handheld*", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]", SYMLINK="pilot.

Saved then closed.

Instead of using Kpilot with kontact, I installed Evolution and gnome-pilot. I used Adept Manager to install. I don't remember what installed with each evolution and gnome-pilot so make sure all these are installed after evolution and gnome-pilot are done.

evolution
    evolution-common
    evolution-data-server
    evolution-data-server-common
    libcamel1.2-10
    libebook1.2-9
    libcal1.2-7
    libedata-book1.2-2
    libedata-cal1.2-6
    libedataserver1.2-9
    libedataserverui1.2-8
    libexchange-storage1.2-3
    gnome-pilot
    libgnome-pilot2
    libpda-pilot-perl
    pilot-manager

Again I didn't pay attention to what all was installed after I Evolution and gnome-pilot were done. So make sure all of the above are installed. After those are installed, start up gnome-pilot settings (Kmenu-Settings-Palm OS Devices)

On the PDA tab:Select Add: PDA-Owner: (your name), PDA ID: leave at 1000 for now, Name of Pda: I typed Treo 650, Local folder: default to what is in there, mine is /home/geo/myPDA. Click OK.

On the Devices tab: Select Add; Name: type Cradle or Cable, Type: USB, Timeout 2, Device: /dev/pilot, Speed 115200. Click OK

On the Conduits tab: Select only those items you want to sync and choose synchronize from the pull down menu, then close.

The first time I pushed the sync button on my USB cable I got an error telling me the Treo ID number. I wrote that number down and opened gnome-pilot settings again and put that number where the 1000 was. Closed it and synced again and it worked flawlessly.

I even added some dates and phone numbers just to test the sync. As of now it is still working.

Keep in mind that I don't even qualify as Noob at this point and asking me questions may or may not help, but this is what worked for me and I will be happy to help if I can.

Cheers
    Compaq Presario 2500 Laptop, Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz, 1g ram, ATI Video,

Comment

Working...
    X