This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetwork Manager Wireless Problem

I have Kubunto 7.10 installed on Toshiba Portege A100 with Netgear WG511v2(China) wireless card. Absolute Linux Newbie!

I have spent a couple of days trying to drive the wireless card with ndiswrapper - which I think I have successfully done. Driver is installed and hardware is present.

I then spent a while trying to get KNetwork Manager to register the wireless network. I have managed to do this from another post.

Now KNetwork Manager recognises the wireless network, but I can't connect!

When I click on the network and get the 'Connect to Wireless Network' window, I can't click on 'password' to enter one, and I can't click on 'connect'.

What do I do now??

Re: Knetwork Manager Wireless Problem

Other threads talk about downloading kwifi manager.

I have tried to download this - but can't seem to get the right version or something?

Comment

I managed to get it connected. I changed the interface file, and then by clicking - 'connect to other networks' and typing in new essid and key that way.. pretty confusing, but sorted!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted but will this mess with linking up from other computers? by messing around with it?
        I will not take any responsability if you PC explodes in my helping process

Comment

Working...
        X