This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Wireless Mouse Issues

So installing Kubuntu was a great experience and went super smooth for me. All my hardware works right out of the gate and even my 22" Samsung LCD got set to the proper resolution w/o me having to make any changes.

The only thing I'm confused about right now is my mouse. I have a Logitech Cordless MX3000 Laser mouse, and the forward/back buttons don't seem to work right. When I hit the back button in a browser like Konqueror it asks me if I want to run a search on the URL in my address bar. If in Firefox, it takes me back to the previous web-site, but not the previous page I was at.

Any ideas or experience with such an issue?

Re: Logitech Wireless Mouse Issues

You have to configure the buttons to work that way. I too use the same mouse but haven't attempted doing so. If you do a search in ubuntuforums.org for that type, there are a few tutorials there that you can use.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Yeah, I found an article that had me edit my xorg.conf file, but it did not seem to change anything.

Here's how it reads now:

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Configured Mouse"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "CorePointer"
      Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option "Buttons" "7"
      Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 6 7"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
      EndSection

Comment

I also have a Logitech mouse ( MX revolution i think), and when i tried to configure buttons in System settings --> Mouse&Keyboard there were only three buttons (yes, the additional buttons have weird finctions in Kubuntu or none at all), so I just settled for that. The drivers that came with it on a CD are .exe and thus useless.
        Is there a way of "translating" them so Kubuntu can understand them?

Sorry for messing with your post
        I break it, therefore I learn it.<br />

Comment

I'm not sure if that's possible, not even using Wine. I'm currently researching to see how we can get our mice to work. There's extensive help in the gentoo forums, not sure if it will work with Kubuntu. If I get through, I'll post back to let you all know.
          Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
          X