Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single-click, double-click issues in Gutsy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single-click, double-click issues in Gutsy.

Forgive if this sounds like a silly problem, but I recently set my mouse settings in gutsy to double-click to open programs etc. instead of the default single-click.

I dual boot with both Linux and Windows and thus I keep on getting confused when I switch between the two, so set it to the one I was more used to.

Problem is, while it opens icons on my desktop for instance with Konqueror, when I'm browsing, it doesn't want to open files like office files, or pdfs(also movie files, sound files etc), when I double click on them. I then set the settings back to single-click, but that now also doesn't work. I have to right-click and say open with whenever I wish to open most of my files.

Any ideas or help?

Re: Single-click, double-click issues in Gutsy.

Try running 'kpersonalizer'. This is the tool that runs the first time you log into KDE as a user.

Alt-F2 > kpersonalizer > Enter

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

That did help me to personalize a bunch of stuff, yes.

But no, the issue still persists. What I find strange is that when I click icons on my desktop, it has no problem running them in Konqueror, but when exploring, it doesn't want to open files, not with single nor double-click.

I thought the problem might be with Konqueror, but I somehow doubt that, I can't find any such setting in Konqueror and lastly I never changed anything in Konqueror itself before the problem cropped up.

All I did was switch from single- to double-click. Which worked for a while, then stopped.

Help?

Comment

Still haven't been able to sort out this issue, tried turning on and off a bunch of settings. Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Check the settings you have for the File Associations.

kcontrol > KDE Components > File Associations > Applications

This is only a guess; however, this is what determines which applications are used to open files based upon file type.

Mike
          http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

If you have a USB mouse, I would try unplugging it and plugging it back in...

That or unplugging it, rebooting, and plugging it back in once Kubuntu is loaded.

Comment

Hmm... discovered something new today. If I copy a certain file to the desktop it opens with one-click fine.

It seems the problem lies in Konqueror. I set it a while back so that I always have treeview in all my windows by default in Konqueror, but I think I may have removed some setting that allows Konqueror to open files with their associations. Not sure if I'm on the right track here, but the problem definitely seems to relate to Konqueror itself.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X