This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux n00b needs help!!!

I have kubuntu 7.04 on my computer. Is there any way I can upgrade to Kubuntu 7.10 without burning an ISO?
    LINUX. IT'S SO EASY, EVEN A PENGUIN CAN DO IT.

Re: Linux n00b needs help!!!

If you launch Adept: K menu > Add/Remove Programs, you'll see a notice that a new version is available, and the option to Upgrade. You can click there to start the upgrade process.

Although upgrading is usually smooth, it is always a good idea to backup your data in case something unexpected happens! Make sure you do that before upgrading so you can save yourself some headaches in case anything goes wrong.

Comment

Thanks
      LINUX. IT'S SO EASY, EVEN A PENGUIN CAN DO IT.

Comment

Be very patient when doing that upgrade. On a broadband connection it takes 45 minutes or more -- almost 1,000 files are downloaded. At times it looks like nothing is happening ... don't yield to the temptation to "check" it.

Comment

Originally posted by yanom
          I have kubuntu 7.04 on my computer. Is there any way I can upgrade to Kubuntu 7.10 without burning an ISO?
          Follow these instructions exactly: Upgrading from 7.04 (Feisty)
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know because I've never done it and it isn't related to the first question but:

If you add a gutsy 7.10 CD/DVD to the list of repository sources, couldn't you then upgrade using said CD/DVD that way, rather than waiting an ice age for it all to download?

You could order a free CD/DVD but it does take a couple of weeks or so

Comment

Working...
            X