This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black bars in system tray

I finally figured out how to get my monitor to keep a 1024x768 resolution, but now I have these black bars in the system tray to contend with. Could this have something to do with the refresh rate that I've been reading about? Sorry, but I haven't learned how to get system info from the command line yet otherwise I would post what I could. TIA- I really take my hat off to all you folks that your time to help newbies with their problems.

Re: Black bars in system tray

maybe try a screenshot? It could be a refresh rate problem, but if the rest of your screen looks fine, I don't know what would cause 'black bars'

What video card do you run? And what driver have you tried to install for it, if you have tried to do so?

Comment

this morning they were gone until I opened thunderbird and adept, then, as the my mouse passed over the icons in the tray they appeared in blue this time. Upon seeing your message, was going to do a screen capture and as the mouse passed over them they disappeared. Spooky! If I can catch them I will post a capture. Thanks.

Comment

I finally got a decent capture. It doesn't effect performance but it is irritating.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have had similar issues with one of my laptops that has an ATI graphics card. Since I don't use it much, I haven't bothered fixing/researching the problem.

Mike
          http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X