This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept installer

I just installed Kubuntu Gutsy, when I was using live CD mode there was no problem installing e.g. firefox and flash, but when I was finished installing Kubuntu and rebooted I wasn't able to install anything. I launch adept add/remove programs, typed my password, but all the applications seems to be "greyed-out", So I can't select any applications to install, e.g. firefox. No problem uninstalling installed apps... How can I fix this? Probably really easy, but I'm a total newbie..

Re: Adept installer

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Adept installer

Thanks alot! Worked like a charm!!

Comment

Working...
      X