This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless setup Nightmare

Today I finally took the plunge back into the world of linux which I recently had a little dabble in. Previously I used Ubuntu, which I found to be the first idiot proof version of linux on the market. Brilliant.
    On the recommendation of a friend I decided to move over to Kubuntu. So, I formated the partition ubuntu was in and proceded to install Kubuntu. I realise (through reading these forums) that I could have changed without uninstalling, but I rushed into the job like a blind braveheart on speed.
    The heart of the problem is I have a connection to my network (I found this through hours of looking and found the Kwifimanager which I setup) but I can't connect to the internet......
    Why, oh why is this? I have my DNS setup correctly, the usual 192.168.1.1, but still nothing.
    A clue might be that, on start up, the computer cannot connect to the ubuntulinux.org thingy for the time thingy (I can't remember exactly what is said)
    Please somebody help....... I really liked ubuntu and want to like Kubuntu, but am struggling to at the moment.
    cheers all

Re: Wireless setup Nightmare

Was wireless working correctly when you were using Ubuntu?

Comment

Re: Wireless setup Nightmare

go into google and type ndiswrapper, you want to connect with the sourceforge.net site on ndiswrapper. that site has drivers for your card and a nice howto onwireless setup,etc.
      to identify your card chipset(important) type lspci on a terminal and read your card info.
      you might post your card chipset next time, somebody out there may be using it and can give you more specific instrctions.good luck

Comment

Working...
      X