This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - updated files and lost Kontact

I have just been into Adept and saw that 93 files could be updated, so commited the changes. Now I can't use Kontact - comes up saying "Could not find mime type application/octet-stream" . That means nothing to me. Can anyone help me recover this application.

Thanks

Re: Help - updated files and lost Kontact

I also found that I couldn't get into the system settings. Then I thought I would try what you always have to do in windows - REBOOT!!!! All now appears to be well. Amazing how quickly I have gotton used to not rebooting!!

Hope anyone new reading this will learn that reboots can be necessary in Linux.

Comment

Re: Help - updated files and lost Kontact

Originally posted by snowdrift
      I also found that I couldn't get into the system settings. Then I thought I would try what you always have to do in windows - REBOOT!!!! All now appears to be well. Amazing how quickly I have gotton used to not rebooting!!

Hope anyone new reading this will learn that reboots can be necessary in Linux.
      It can solve problems when you don't know how to solve them another way, say.

It seems your problem was linked to having updated KDE. So what you needed to do was to restart KDE. Logout and login again should have solved this problem imo. Now rebooting certainly does that too, but it was not required in that case.

Comment

Working...
      X