This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wubi

I installed WUBI without incident. The system runs well. The only problem I am having is that I can't seem to get the internet working. I have made the changes to the settings. Put in the IP address and Gateway, DNS etc.. It still continues to not be able to connect although it appears to have connectivity by the eth0 or eth1 connection setting. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Re: Wubi

A little more information please.

Can you browse the 'Net with a browser? Is this a fresh installation? What version of *ubuntu are you running?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I installed the Kubuntu Media edition. With the Wubi installer. The system works, I just cant get my internet to work. I did enter all the IP address and other settings for internet. It just doesnt let me connect at all. Although with my Windows Xp boot I can do everything. I do have DSL with people pc. I Dont have a usb modem. Its connected through an Ethernet card. The card does shoe as eth1 in my connections it is wired. I have a wireless card as well not being used. Should I remove the wireless to take away confusion as to which is the connection or just disable it. I have 2.8ghz Pentium 1gb Ram 248mb Nvidia card. the system for Kubuntu is actually installed on a 320gb external USB drive. But it boots up just fine. No other hardware that I recall. Other than DVD and CDR drive. The Original System disc is a 40gb HD (only has XP on it)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comment

Copy and past the output of:
        Code:
        ifconf && pg /etc/network/interfaces
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I will I am at work now so when I get home. Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
          X