X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless network under Kubuntu

Hi there.

So I've finally decided to step into the exotic world of Linux.
    After my WinXP crashed with a abng, I've downloaded the Kubuntu Live-CD and started experimenting (With a little help from my friends, of course).

Hours later, I've completed the excricuating task of mounting my HD on a folder, with a decent Hebrew support, and set out for the next quest - connecting to the Internet via my Wireless router (Edimax 6204Wg, to whom it may concern).

Silly me, I thought I could actually handle that alone.

Yada yada yada, I'm now a registered member of kubuntuforums.net, and I'm here on my virtual knees pleading to you -
    Could someone please tell a complete Linux newbie how to connect his Laptop (Equipped with a 1.5 GHz Centrino) to the internet via WiFi, as simply as possible?

I just know there's a user-friendly (Probably even wizard-like) system somewhere around here, I just need to find it.

Re: Wireless network under Kubuntu

I'm on the case. more than happy to help. there are a number of good resources available, but each one is slightly lacking in some area. I'm going to write up a little help section that covers a poorly written section of one tutorial. Then you can use my write-up in conjunction with the other one (it should be fairly simple) to get you all wire free. I've been meaning to finish up this write up for a while now. I have some time this afternoon-- why not now?

Stay tuned.

Comment

Re: Wireless network under Kubuntu

Thanks.
      U da man!

Comment

Working...
      X