This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Financial Software, or some way to do this:

What I'm looking for is software to help with my finances.
    I break up all of my finances into accounts, like Rent, Groceries, Spending $, etc. Essentially, all my paychecks get broken up by % into the main accounts, I have like 14 I think. and then any transactions come out of their respective accounts. I want to be able to take my transactions, perhaps spreadsheet style, and set an account they would come from, so I could get a quick running total for each account.
    I currently do this on a paper ledger, and would like to automate it as much as possible. I am using GnuMeric, and just copy-pasting in my credit card bills, and then typing in the Acct I want the transaction to come from, and then going back and punching in the amounts for each Acct, and then recording it on paper again.

Any ideas on a program to use I haven't mentioned, or how to set up Gnumeric, or Gnucash to do this?
    I did download GnuCash, but it's pretty in depth, and I can't seem to find a simple way to do this. If I have been vague on some area, please ask for clarification. I appreciate the time!

Re: Looking for Financial Software, or some way to do this:

You can look at KMyMoney
    This package is available for installation in Adept Manager (kmymoney2)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

what you are doing seems rather complicated at least to me.

I use kmymoney2 (the latest development code, not the stable version in Adept) and I do not see a way to split a paycheck up in the way you are trying to do, assuming I understand your setup correctly. Now, kmymoney2 (all versions) have easily editable categories, and the default setup has quite a large number of them , as well a s subcategories. You can also set up both Income accounts and expense accounts, but I am onot sure if this becomes to cumbersome

Comment

GnuCash may be another option?

GnuCash - Free Accounting Software
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X