This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu from USB drive

I've downloaded the ISO for installing Kubuntu, but I don't have a CD or DVD burner. I was wondering if I could install Kubuntu from a USB mass storage device. My computer says I can boot from a USB drive, but I don't want to always run Kubuntu from a USB drive, I want to use one of my existing hard drives. How do I do that, if I can?
    psantorini

Re: Installing Kubuntu from USB drive

How To Make GRUB Thumb Drive
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081748.0

How to install K/Ubuntu 7.04 to an external USB hard disk drive (HDD), Reply #1
    USB experiment: USB drive shifting Reply #5
    Knoppix on USB Flash Drive (UFD), Reply #6 & #7

Simplifying your menu.lst and all the rest of it, Reply #8
    Puppy Linux on USB Flash Drive (UFD) Reply #9.
    Super Grub Disk, GRUB, GParted & Puppy on a flash drive Reply #10
    Install Kubuntu 7.10 to a flash drive (UFD) Reply #12
    Kubuntu 7.10 on LIVE Flash Drive Reply #13

NOTE: Reply #13 -- I put Kubuntu Live on a flash drive, then used it to install an instance of Kubuntu 7.10 to one of my hard drive partitions.
    No problem.
    When you download your iso file, you need to access the Kubuntu operating system files to copy them to the flash drive (or wherever). You can do that without burning to CD -- see the How-To, at the end I describe how to open an iso file on your Desktop and get at the files.

A fun, learning project! (In fact, I put both Kubuntu and Ubuntu LIVE on the same 2 GB flash drive--and they both work well that way, or, again, you can install to hard drive if you wish.)

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
    X