Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do I find the power management settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do I find the power management settings?

I recently installed gutsy and I'm looking to setup some power saving modes. I managed to track down a setting to turn off the monitor after X amount of time but there must be some way to sleep/suspend the machine, disks,... after a certain amount of time. I think the issue is just that I can't find the package/menu area that does this. ACPI is running. It looks like I can manually set this stuff through ACPID but surely there is a better way to go. This isn't for a laptop but for my desktop. A lot of the things I found seemed to be laptop specific

Re: where do I find the power management settings?

Sounds like you are looking for KPowersave. When installed, it puts a little icon of an electrical plus on your panel.

Comment

I have the same concern - have been working furiously on 7.10 for a day - installed last night for first time - 7.04. THAT seemed to have power management (am on a desktop), but I cannot find it on 7.10. Big mystery. Can anyone direct us - or account for this not being available?

Comment

Kpowersave gives me a plug in the panel and when I click on it I get

Miscellaneous
        Current Scheme: Performance
        Set brightness support: no
        HAL daemon: running

CPU's
        Processor 1 100%(2202 MHz)

I can't find any way to change these settings...

<edit>
        nevermind if I right click the icon then I can get to settings for powersave. I suppose I should let the creators know it's dumb to have an OK button on the program but no config options from within the program

Can I do something to wake up on network activity in there?

Comment

Working...
        X