X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with LiveCD

Hello!

I came here because I've a big problem... I've downloaded Kubuntu 7.10, and latest 8.06a2.

But when I start 7.10 from LiveCd, and it start loading KDE, my system get frozen, and I cant move the mouse, the keyboard is off... Then I've to reset from button.

I tried 8.06a2 hoping to have another reaction. But When KDE Start, and it shows "Starting system services", it happens again. No mouse, no Keyboard...

I've an AMD64(I've tried Kubuntu for AMD64 & i386), Motherboard Asus, 1GB RAM...

Could anybody help me to solve the problem?

Thanks you very much

Re: Problem with LiveCD

Most likely, it's a video and/or BIOS conflict. Do you know what make/model of video card you have in your PC? What type of keyboard/mouse do you have, specifically, are they USB or PS/2??
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've ATI X1600 Pro PCI/Express as Graphic Card... A PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse...

What do you think it could be?

Thanks you

Comment

It does sound video-related. If you could get it to run in character mode, it probably would finish booting (actually, it probably is finishing the boot process, but without input devices). Does one of the F6 Options allow "text mode" or "character mode" or something like that?

If you can get booted up in text mode, then you can probably configure a VESA display, and use that until the exact ATI driver is identified and configured.

Comment

Originally posted by Keryon
          A PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse...
          PS/2 and Linux/*ubuntu don't get along very well, it seems. You may have two separate issues here, being both, your video card and the PS/2 keyboard.

As to the keyboard, when rebooting your PC, get into the BIOS setup. Check for something akin to USB legacy support. If it is enabled, disable it, save the changes, and exit to reboot. See if you don't get further along in the process.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X