This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Kubuntu Pages as HTML

I have found numerous questions and answers in the Kubuntu forums that I would like to save as .html pages to my hard drive, so that I can read them at leisure and have them for future reference. But when I try to save a particular page as an .html file, the URL that I end up saving is the main forums page, not the topic that I want.

I have seen references in some messages that refer to other questions and answers as follows:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=xxxxxxx.x

yet when looking at the particular page I see no reference to a topic number.

Will someone more knowledgeable than me tell me how to access that topic number, so I can save the relevant page?

Thanks.

Re: Saving Kubuntu Pages as HTML

Here's what you want to do. First, when viewing a topic that you want to save, copy the topic subject line. Second, click on Location | Save As The default Location comes up as index.html and the default location is your home directory (change to another folder if you desire). Highlight index in index.html and then press Ctrl+V to paste the copied topic subject. As an example, using your initial post you would end up with:

Saving Kubuntu Pages as HTML.html

Even if you don't do this, and you accept the index.html default, it does save the viewed page as an html document (open your home folder and click on the index.html file and see). Of course, you don't want to keep the default name of index.html if you are going to save multiple pages, for obvious reasons.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, Snowhog, for the suggestions. You almost had me lost when you said "...click on Location | Save As..." I later realized that you must be using Konqueror as your browser, and I use Firefox, which has NO "Location".

I agree with all that you say, but I have found an alternate way:

when I find a topic I want to save, I merely click the button that says "Send Topic" and I email it to myself. When the email comes in, it includes a link to the specific topic. I then link to that page, do a "Save As" (after copying the topic title to the name of the .html file) and that's it. It may take a few more steps, but I feel more comfortable with it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Just confirms (again) that usually, there is more than one way to accomplish a task in Linux.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X