This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading windows files on another drive

I think I am missing something basic! I am used to using Windows explorer to browse, copy -paste files etc where you can see all the cd drives floppy drive and hard drives and freely navigate around them. I have just completed a dual boot installation with Windows on hda and Kubuntu on hdb. I'm now wanting to copy some of my data files from windows to Kubuntu yet in Konquerer I seem to be only able to navigate round hdb from the "/" and can't find hda!!! (or cd drives)

Re: Reading windows files on another drive

You will need to mount the hda drive. To do this you need to edit your /etc/fstab file to include your hda drive and any other partitions you may have on it. The exact command you need will depend on things like what the drive is formatted as is so rather than just give the command - try reading this to understand the fstab file
    http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/fstab.html

Your cd drives should be in the fstab file already if they've been detected during installation. If so, you'll finf them in konqueror under /media. If not, you can also add these in fstab

Comment

Re: Reading windows files on another drive

And here is a nice little wiki on what you need to do in order to get those Windows partitions mounted.

Comment

Working...
      X