This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FGLRX Troubles

I've been using Kubuntu (7.10, 64bit) for a few days now, and the FGLRX driver has been acting funny since I installed it.

Basically, in the default desktop mode everything switches to the right resolution, but runs sluggish as though the GPU isn't accelerating anything. Then, the minute I switch into compiz everything runs perfectly fine. Unfortunately I have to switch back to kwin so that I can use Maya (compiz causes artefacts across the entire window, and doesn't let me disable alt-click window moving, and I need to alt-click to navigate the worldspace!)

fglrxinfo in the terminal returns such:
    Code:
    display: :0,0 screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Radeon X1900 Series
    OpenGL version string: 2.0.6473 (8.37.6)
    xorg.conf has this in the display section:
    Code:
    Section "Device"
    	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
    	Driver		"fglrx"
    	Busid		"PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    	Identifier	"DELL2407WFPH"
    	Option		"DPMS"
    EndSection
    Here are some related repositories I have installed:
    xorg
    xorg-driver-fglrx
    xserver-xgl
    xserver-xorg
    xserver-xorg-video-ati

So I don't think I'm missing anything...

One issue that might be related is that when I try to set my monitor in system settings > Monitor & Display > Hardware to the correct one the whole system refuses to finish booting next time, so I've left it on Plug 'n' Play (despite this, my monitor is labelled correctly in xorg.conf!).

EDIT: Huzzah! This problem was completely fixed by installing AIGLX drivers from ATI's site. It also fixed problems with my tablet at the same time!

Re: FGLRX Troubles

Originally posted by Keilious
    EDIT: Huzzah! This problem was completely fixed by installing AIGLX drivers from ATI's site. It also fixed problems with my tablet at the same time!
    If you will got to your original post and click the modify button, you can add SOLVED to the subject line (the preferred method on solved posts within the Forum).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X