X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this really a DVD?

I have just downloaded this file...
    breezy-dvd-i386.iso
    was expecting it to be a DVD but the file size is only 550M. I was expecting 3G.
    k3b says the checksum is right.

so can i burn that as a CD? will that be the entire distribution?

my mirror was http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/ubuntu-cdim...u/dvd/current/

Re: is this really a DVD?

The file size is incorrect. The download should be 3.214502 GB I would try downloading the DVD 386 iso from another source. Try here:

ftp://us.cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/...reezy/release/

Make sure you're either on Broadband or using Bit Torrent. Also, you should be aware that the DVD iso contains both the live and install images which will be burned together on one DVD. Upon booting the DVD you'll be given a choice of either installing or running live.

Regards.

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      i'll try downloading again & see if it is bigger!
      The live or install option sound great.

Comment

something very wierd is happening now.

It took about 4 hours to download, but rather than completing the download at 100% it is now counting backswards as if it is uploading it again. The files size is reducing before my eyes! (in the download manager of firefox I'm using to download.) The transfer rate is now negative.

What on earth could be going on?

Comment

This may not help much but do you really need to download a DVD? If the computer where you will install kubuntu has internet access it would be more economic bandwidth-wise if you install the CD version and get the packages that you are missing from some apt repository. After all, after you install kubuntu you will have to dowloado a lot of packages again due to the updates you will have to run.

Comment

Working...
          X