This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video in kubuntu

Hy guys, i've just signed in kubuntu forums as i've installed it on my sytem and now that i managed to listen to mp3s i'm pretty confident i can get it to a multimedia state but i just don't know how to add divx, xvid, wmv, asf, and so on. I've read that there's a script to be downloaded and run and that does the thing for u but i could't do that. In kubuntu we have amarok for sound specific files and Kaffeine for video. Is there a better player for video so i can install codecs for that one instead of kaffeine? Hured MPlayer rocks. What do u think and please provide some steps that i can follow to be able to see clips that have the above mentioned extensions.(By the way is it legal to copy from internet that win32 dll?)
    Ah, one more thing, i'm used to have only one player for sound and one for video, what do u think, which are the best out there?
    Thanks a lot,
    realthor.

Re: video in kubuntu

Everyone seems to have there own opinion I personaly like to use this program (automatix) because it installs mplayer which I prefer over kaffeine and xmms which I prefer over amarok with all codecs plus several other nice programs

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=66563

Comment

Re: video in kubuntu

i followed the link but as i am using dapper drake flight 3 i suppose it won't work on me so i need another alternative, even a more difficult one like installing many packages and librries with apt/adept. Any help very appreciated because i tried to install some gstreamer plug-in that uses ffmpeg libraries but nothing good happened,i mean i can open avi but only the sound is up the video is messed up really bad showing just some colors.
      Thanks,
      realthor.

edit:Oh, and I noticed it installs too many apps for gnome and I've got kde so we have some similar apps that should be installed instead, can't anyone change a few things in the file so that it downloads and installs apps optimized for kde as well as suppoer for dapper?

Comment

Working...
      X