This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing themes

I have been trying to install a Baghira theme and Superkaramba. the instructions say to type sh ./configure , make, then make install. I know nothing about linux. I'm trying to learn as i go but failing miserably.
    everytime i type ./configure it runs through a bunch of commands the gives an error that says configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH. then when i type make i get a > prompt and no matter what i type i get no response. any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Installing themes

hi,

It's because by default kubuntu is not coming with gcc and all these stuff you need to compile a prog, as there's apt-get solution.
    You can get the first package you need by :
    sudo apt-get install gcc (or make a search for gcc in adept and choose one version).
    I guess it will not be the only one missing, I think you should take a look also for "make"
    For others which will miss, I don't remember so if you can post next error, I will look for it.

hope it helped

Comment

By the way you can install those through Adept or apt-get if you have the right repositories.

Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install kwin-baghira superkaramba
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Thanks!! That worked.

Comment

Working...
        X