This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

Hello, I'm very new to Kubuntu (like 4 hours) and pretty new to linux and while I'm really likeing Kubuntu i had a few questions:

1) Is kynaptic no longer the package manager used by kubuntu? I saw one post about how adept was the pm that shipped with kubuntu, but you could get kynaptic with adept. However, i can't find kynaptic on the list. Synaptic is there, but will that work with the KDE environment? I guess adept is all I really need, I have just heard good things about synaptic/kynaptic so wanted to give it a try.

2) This might be a bit counter-intuitive to some die-hard *nix users, but I would really want something like a profile manager in Kmail. is there a way to set it up so that it asks which profile (or something like a profile) every time it starts up? If my girlfriend wants to check her email it seems a little excessive to make her log into her own account and wait while KDE loads, but at the same time I don't want to grab all of her mail every time I check my own.

Thanks
    -Kevin

Re: Two questions

Hi,

In fact, adept is really good to manage packages, but you can use synaptics without any troubles, it will just not have really great visual integration.

About kmail, I don't know profile manager, maybe you should use different complete for users, it would do the trick to divide accounts and be able not to grab mails of every body...

Comment

Working...
    X