This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF aquatint black theme problems

I had aquatint black theme installed for 2 days and loved it until I was attacked by multiple popup malware. I immediately closed FF. On reopening, the theme was quite screwed up. The main prob seems to be that many entries are doublespaced, eg., dropdown menus, bookmarks toolbar (I have multiple lines of bookmarks). I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but prob persists. I emailed author but he seems not to want to answer. Could anyone help? Thanks.

Re: FF aquatint black theme problems

You were attacked by multiple malware popups, using Kubuntu Were they actually malware or popups from a site you were visiting? Anyway, Try the command
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge firefox
    Followed by
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/firefox
    This,
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoclean
    And finally,
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    If that works, you may want to try the NoScript and Adblock plugins for Firefox (get them from addons.mozilla.org).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Malware. URL: scanner.malware-scan.com which you can verify has affected a lot of people, some on linux. They came out of nowhere when I wasn't even cruising the web. I have put in NoScript but am getting a little tired of it.
      Can I be sure that if I follow yr instructions, all my settings, bookmarks, userchrome, etc, etc will not be affected?

Comment

They should still be there, as Firefox has multiple locations it saves its information. The instructions above were what I used just the other day when Firefox was acting up on me, and I still have everything.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Many thanks. I will try them.

Comment

Another question. Presumably I won't be able to cut and paste these commands from FF because they will destroy FF from under me. Is this correct?

Comment

As long as you don't close out of Firefox, it should keep running; I like to use Konqueror as my backup browser, however, in the uncommon event that Firefox fails to function.
              Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
              X