This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless gone after install of nvidia-glx drivers

After installing the restricted nvidia-glx drivers for my GeForce 6200, my wireless network no longer shows up under KNetworkManager. My wireless card (Lynksys WMP54G) still shows up under configuration options as enabled, and I've tried manual configuration, but I still have no connection. I'm guessing it's something simple, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Re: Wireless gone after install of nvidia-glx drivers

Download and install Envy. (Click the link, download it to your Desktop, open Konsole and type "cd ~/Desktop && sudo dpkg -i envy_0.9.7-0ubuntu12_all.deb"; if it's the first time you've installed Envy, Konsole will probably give you some errors about needed dependencies and stop the installation. If this happens, in Konsole, type "sudo apt-get install -f" to download the needed dependencies and install Envy.)

Then, still in Konsole, type "envy -g" (this will run Envy).

After you type your password and Envy opens, tell it to uninstall the Nvidia driver, and once that finishes, tell it to install the Nvidia driver; once that's done, you'll be asked if you want Envy to automatically configure xorg.conf for you, tell it yes. When asked whether you want to reboot your computer, however, tell it no (for the time being).

Then, open Konsole again and type "sudo nvidia-xconfig", then reboot your computer and your problem should be fixed! (I had the same problem a few days ago and this is how I fixed it; if it doesn't work, let me know.)

From then on, whenever you want to change your resolution, just run "sudo nvidia-settings" from Konsole and tell it to "Save to X Configuration File" (and also to "Merge with existing file").
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Originally posted by Scrat
      After installing the restricted nvidia-glx drivers for my GeForce 6200, my wireless network no longer shows up under KNetworkManager. My wireless card (Lynksys WMP54G) still shows up under configuration options as enabled, and I've tried manual configuration, but I still have no connection. I'm guessing it's something simple, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?
      what happens if you boot with "irqpoll" option?

Comment

Thanks, what integr8e suggested worked. As for the "irqpoll" option, what does that do and how do you use it?

Comment

I had pretty much the same problem. It was finally resolved. Here is the thread that has all the info in it.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087222.0

Hope it can be of some use!
          -ZAZZ
          My Truck <br />My Kawasaki 900 ZXI<br />My Kawasaki 750 Supersport XI

Comment

Originally posted by Scrat
            Thanks, what integr8e suggested worked. As for the "irqpoll" option, what does that do and how do you use it?
            "irqpoll" boot option is for resolving irq sharing conflicts, but looks like you don't need it

Comment

Working...
            X