This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.04; Podcast Aggregator and Transferring Podcasts To iPod

After two hours of reading posts I've decided just to ask because - heck, I just don't know what I'm doing.

Of course, Noob to Linux but love it so far.

Question(s):

I have been using iTunes for a year. Love it. Easy. Works like a charm. I know that there isn't an iTunes version for Linux right now and I also know about programs like gtkpod, Amarok, etc...Juice...etc...

(1) So, what is a Podcast Aggregrator? Is it the program we (linux users) use to find our podcasts and download them to a directory?

(2) Where can I get a good Podcast Aggregator for Linux?

(3) Is Amarok (great media player!) only used to transfer files to and from the iPod? So it is not an aggregator?

(3) So two programs (Amarok + an aggregator) are needed to make an iTunes equivalent?

(4) I'm not interested in ripping my own videos to my 30 Gig, 5th gen iPod but I do like to download video podcasts and watch them. Can Amarok transfer video podcasts to my iPod?

(5) Can someone please direct me to a deb file for mp3 integration with Amarok? I've tried installing from the command line but I just can not make it work. Something always fails.

Thank you.

M

sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Re: Kubuntu 7.04; Podcast Aggregator and Transferring Podcasts To iPod

http://www.google.com/search?q=ipod+ubuntu

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 7.04; Podcast Aggregator and Transferring Podcasts To iPod

You can add your feeds to Amarok and set it to download automatically or just when you want to. Once you have your podcast you can transfer them to your Ipod easily.

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
      X