X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing ubuntu

hi.
    i have kubuntu on a machine which is dual booting with WINXP.
    if i wanted to remove linux\Kubuntu completely. what wouold be the best way to go about it? ie can i use partition magic to delete the linux os ? and will this make my pc un-bootable..

Regards
    Damien

Re: Removing ubuntu

Just use the winows Xp cd to boot your computer. When you are given the options screen press "R" to enter the recovery mode.

When asked which windows installation you whish to logon to type "1" (Usually)

Then put your admin password in (Home Edition of Xp the password is blank just press enter)

Then type "FIXMBR" or FIXBOOT" (It let ask you to confirm your actions) then type EXIT.

Your compter will reboot and then go straight into Windows XP where you can format the partition you had Linux on using Partition Magic or XP's own way in "Computer Management" (Select storeage)

N.B Why are getting rid of Kubuntu I enjoy working and learning Linux and "Dual boot" XP as my wife will not learn!!!!!!!!!!!
    Noooooooooobie learning.

Comment

hi james,
      thanks for that, ill give it a try.
      the reason im getting rid of it is that i installed it on my brothers pc, and its very tight for space. i installed it as a test to see would he use it but he dosnt use it at all so its just taking up space for him.

on the other hand i use it quite a bit and love it, and it sits proudly on my HD

Thanks for your help.

Damien

Comment

You can also under windows command to type :
        fdisk /mbr
        And you can remove the partitions of linux by partiton magic...

Comment

Working...
        X