This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration

Hi. I have registered successfully in these Kubuntu forums, but am using Ubuntu ATM but i cannopt register at the Ubuntu forums as my E-mail addy is already being used (for these forums). I cannot use my normal I.D as it is also being used by another person (me). Is there any way i can use the same I.D for the different forums as they are related to each other.

Regards Barryg

Re: Registration

You should be able to just that - I did. I have the same username in this forum as well as in the Ubuntu forum. My email address is the same.

The Ubuntu and Kubuntu forums are completely separate.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmmm, i just tried again but no joy. It says the user name is being used. If i register a new name it says the E-Mail addy is being used

Regards Barry

Comment

What username are you trying to use? I'll log on and check the registered users, and see when 'your user name' was registered. And, you are going to http://ubuntuforums.org/ to login/register?

Comment

My user name is always barryg and yes thats the forum i'm trying to join

Thanks

Regards Barryg

Comment

Hmm. Couldn't find any posts made by your user name. Also, unlike this forum, there isn't a specific 'users' link to list and/or search the registered user database. But, a search of the registered users list (alphabetical) doesn't show a barryg in any variation of upper/lower case.

You're problem makes me think that at some earlier point, you attempted to register and something went wrong with the process. I would suggest that you contact ubuntu-geek (Administrator) here. Use the Send a private message to ubuntu-geek link. See what he can do, if anything.

Comment

I tried but unfortunately i need to log-in to send him one I don't recall trying to register before on the Ubuntu forums, but old age has probably clouded the brain cell.

Thanks for helping.

Regards Barryg

Comment

Hmmm. :P

Claydoh, a Moderator in this forum, is also a Moderator on the Ubuntu forum. You might want to send him a PM (private message) from here and see if he can assist.

Comment

sorry, but i am not a mod on ubintuforums (except for the Maine LoCo section )
                  but I will see if I can point barryg in the right direction.

Comment

If someone else has registered barryg as a nick, it cannot be deleted, ever, so in that case you are out of luck

But you may want to try registering a different username/email and try going to this ubuntuforum section and ask. I don't see a 'lost password' area to resend you your registration info using the email you used.

Comment

Same problem i'm afraid where the E-mail addy is being used by another person I think the only way around this predicament, is to get another E-mail addy from my provider and try to re-register.

Ironic isn't it, i left Windoze for a more interesting life with Linux

Comment

what does a website registration have to do with that, really? I can't be claydoh everywhere I want to be, and that started long before I discovered linux a few years ago

You might also try getting a yahoo mail, google mail, or some other free account.

Comment

If the name and your email address are already in use, are you sure you have not already registered? Go here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/login.php?do=lostpw

... and type in your email address. The one that is already in use. The forum will email you the name associated with this address and the password (or a link to change it).

Comment

Hehe. Sorry i'm not laughing at anyone. I tried the e-mail request for username/password and got this:

You have not entered an email address that we recognise. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Upon clicking the Admin link i got a nice rquestor asking me to log-in

As we are in a technological (wow i can spiel rite) age, i thought perhaps there may have been a solution found before i went the path of free accounts. Honestly it wasn't until free accounts was mentioned that i remembered i have a hotmail account from about 5 years ago

Regards Barry

Comment

Working...
                            X