This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for power manager

Ok, I have a laptop with power manager, and another laptop without power manager, but I have forgotten where I downloaded power manager from since I cannot find it in either add/remove or adept, please where can I find it again, thanks
    every day is a gift

Re: looking for power manager

It should be installed there by default. The program name is guidance-power-manager. If it isn't, install the package called kde-guidance-powermanager from Adept Manager.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

thanks
      every day is a gift

Comment

Alternatively, you can try 'kpowersave' as well to see which fits you best

Comment

I will try anything, but what I really like is the "close ones laptop lid and it start the shutdown process starts", which I cannot see why people don't rave more about since, what I would really like is(hint hint): close lid shutdown process, open lid startup process, can linux do it?
          every day is a gift

Comment

Originally posted by fleamailman
            I will try anything, but what I really like is the "close ones laptop lid and it start the shutdown process starts", which I cannot see why people don't rave more about since, what I would really like is(hint hint): close lid shutdown process, open lid startup process, can linux do it?
            Most powermanagers support performing actions on lid-close (or lid-open), lock screen, shutdown, susoend-to-ram (suspend) or suspend-to-disk (hibernate)...If they work (correctly) is a matter of whether your laptop's 'extra-buttons' are supported or not (on my thinkpad they work out-of-the-box).

If they are supported, chances are that lid-open will also unlock the screen or resume-from-suspend. However, on poweroff or hibernate the laptop is effectively 'dead' and the only way that a lid-open would power-on or resume-from-hibernate is that your laptop has a hardware option to treat the lid-button as a power-on button (and I don't know if any of them do).

Also, if hibernate works flawlessly on your laptop, I'd recommend using it instead of poweroff, it boots up faster and resumes your session (and still takes know power while in hibernation). Suspend is even faster, but requires voltage to keep things in memory (so you need a power supply or battery power while suspended).

Comment

thanks, clear now
              every day is a gift

Comment

Working...
              X