This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Beryl and Compiz ...

I have been watching some videos of the 3D desktop cube and the ring feature, and this actually looked fairly interesting. Definitely different. How well does this work together with KDE applications? I have a nice and stable KDE system right now, so I don't want to jeopardize this, but I am a bit curious.

Re: About Beryl and Compiz ...

Visited http://blog.beryl-project.org/?p=25 and immediately see:

[Update]
    There have been lots of comments about “I want this or that” or “this feature is kinda hard to work with”. Keep in mind this plugin isn’t done yet, so some things are still in broken/proof of concept form. When the plugin is in a release you can expect that to more or less be its final form. Until then, it’s still fluid.
    Read down through the posts and don't see where it's stated that this plugin has been completed. Keep that in mind.

As to Beryl it self. I have it installed and use it every time I log on. I have no problems with it and my Kubunt Feisty installation.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: About Beryl and Compiz ...

I've been playing with compiz pretty hard, and while it is still fairly buggy and incomplete, in comparison to the Beryl installation that I have on Ubuntu Feisty, I don't see anything that seems to interfere with KDE or KDE apps. (But I haven't tried them all, of course). If you install the Emerald window decorators, that can change the KDE appearance of windows, so if you don't want to do that, just don't install Emerald.

Comment

Working...
      X