Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workspace switcher - how to get it back?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace switcher - how to get it back?

Hello,

I have a really lame question – how to get back the “workspace switcher” button / menu at the task bar in KDE?

I somehow managed to remove it and I can't find a way to restore it. I have 4 workspaces enabled, I can send a program to e.g. number 2, but I can't get there because I juts don't have the menu.

Right-clicking the task bar and choosing add to ... won't help as there is no such applet / application / ...

And again, sorry for such question, but its my a typical problem with Linux – I can install Gentoo and administer a server, but I can't find a stupid menu

Re: Workspace switcher - how to get it back?

Solved here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=117542

Comment

Re: Workspace switcher - how to get it back?

Hmm... problem loading the page.

If anyone has the same problem and is curious:

Just right-click the panel you want the switcher on and select Add Applet to Panel... Lots of fun stuff here, but you're looking for the Desktop Preview & Pager.

If you right-click the pager you can customize some options and can configure it so when you scroll your wheel over the pager or the desktop it'll scroll through the desktops.

If you go to System Settings -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts:

Hmm, I remember the default for Walk Through Desktop List being Ctrl+Tab, and changing it because Firefox uses Ctrl+Tab to switch through tabs, but it says there is no default. Anyway, you can set it up there.

Else, Ctrl+F1/F2/etc will take you to the corresponding desktop.

Comment

Working...
      X