X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixme:wave:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture

Ok, I've looked for hours to find out what the hell this is:

I've seen it SOOO MANY PLACES AND NO ONE seems to know what or why?

I get this using winecfg, it's only happens when I TRY to load the audio tab, then winecfg totally locks up and I have to close the console I ran it from to shut it down It isn't even getting the audio driver tree loaded, just gives me this error about no audio driver selected, will now autoselect one, must apply to save changes blah blah blah, Whatever I do it locks... It's the only winecfg tab I haven't been able to configure. Can someone help me out with what:

really means, or what it's trying to do? I've search through like 15 pages of google results and the forums here for something and haven't had ANY luck at all... I've seen it on every one of them but never what to do about it.

I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with my other sound problems... or I'll never get it fixed at this rate.

Re: fixme:wave:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture

come on? NO one has ANY idea's!?!?

Comment

If you are having other sound issues they are probably related. What are the other issues? What type of sound card do you use?

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

OK So far:
        winecfg won't load audio tab.
        rtcw:ET won't load with sound unless I use "aoss et" but then sound is muted.
        ut2004 does the same as ET but when I load with "aoss ut2004" the sound isn't muted and works.

Firefox/Flash player 9 has NEVER once played a single sound any of the times I've installed any ubuntu version or distro... ever. In fact as far as ubuntu goes, i've even had a firefox/ubuntu install where firefox would not installed plugins or extentions or themes AT ALL, in anyway shape or form, so I guess if I had to I could do without sound, as long as everything else in firefox works... but one of my friends has the same version of kubuntu installed and right off, totally default installation his sound worked with EVERYTHING.

I have an Ensoniq ES1370... this is what lspci -v says about it:

00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI]
        Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
        I/O ports at a400 [size=64]

The only thing that bothers me about that is this line:
        " Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c "

It seems to me, that Something is hogging the device... in fact:

------- sound initialization -------
        /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
        Could not open /dev/dsp
        ------------------------------------
        That's what ET says without aoss. And ut2004 says this:

open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
        Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".

And as I said in the subject, winecfg says:

I've posted in my other topic about sound problems a long list of things youtube gave me...when I was trying things to get it to work.

At this point I think if someone could help me do It, it would be easier to simply re-install my entire sound system wide....... Or switch to another distro... it seems that *ubuntu just doesn't like me... > > I still can't belive debian has 21 cd iso files.... that's nuts...

Comment

Ok well, making head way, but I still want to know if anyone has any clue what "fixme:wave:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture"
          Really means I'd still like to know, and if winecfg works after I try a few more things great... but it still bugs me how many places with other errors and programs this turns up in/with.... what is it!??!

Comment

Working...
          X