Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) problems . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) problems . . .

Every time I try to open a .ppt (Powerpoint) file with OpenOffice.org Impress, the file opens, but my computer freezes whenever I try to run the presentation. I shouldn't be having any CPU or RAM issues; I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ processor and 2Gb of PC3200 RAM (not top of the line, but shouldn't be giving me any problems). Do I have unmet dependencies, am I doing something wrong, do I have to convert the files to another format, what?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) problems . . .

Just downloaded a .ppt file, opened Open Office Presentation, and opened the file. Played the Slide Show (F5) without any problems.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know, I'll try downloading the new version of OOffice and see if that fixes it; I'll keep you posted.
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

In Adept Manager, you can select for installation openoffice.org This is a metapackage that installs the complete OpenOffice Suite.

Comment

I had installed OOffice and its dev files through Adept, but for some reason it wouldn't run .ppt presentations; I just downloaded and installed OOffice 2.3 from OpenOffice.org and, oddly enough, it works! Strange hugh?
          Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Well, stranger things do happen. But, you have it working, and that's what matters.

Comment

Working...
            X