This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror not detecting new files without manual refresh

Hi I've been using Ubuntu for a couple of months. Switched from OpenSuse. I'm on Feisty with KDE. Can anyone please tell me how to get Konqueror to automatically detect new files when they are created in a directory? I presumed this was a default with KDE but since moving to Ubuntu it doesn't happen and its not as nice as it used to be on Suse.

Help appreciated.

Re: Konqueror not detecting new files without manual refresh

Hmm. When ever I copy/past/create new files, they show up in Konqueror right away. In Konqueror, check Settings | Configure Konqueror | Cache and see if Use cache is checked and then Keep cache in sync is also marked. Remember, Konqueror is a web browser first that can be used as a file manager, so it's basic operation is that of a browser. Browsers (can) utilize a cache.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I doubt its cache related. The settings are all correct. I've searched in vain for a setting in Konqueror that might be related. I think it must be DBus related or whatever way that KDE hooks into kernel notifications of filesystem changes.

FYI I installed KDE from aptitude onto a regular Ubuntu Feisty install - not a Kubuntu install. I wanted the option of Gnome for other users. Could the package install have missed a low-level configuration?

Anyone know how to diagnose this?

Comment

I don't have an answer but I have had this problem crop up.

I haven't had the problem consistently however. Usually closing and reopening konqueror has solved it or a kdm restart.

I just wanted to say that I think you are wasting your time looking for a configuration issue. It comes and goes randomly for me. I seemed to have more trouble under dapper drake.

Comment

Working...
        X