This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod trouble in Amarok

I am completely new to Linux, as I installed it on my new laptop about 2 months ago. I'm having trouble getting Amarok to cooperate with my ipod. The ipod is 30G/Black/Video (5th Gen?). I got Amarok to see the device, and I deleted the lock file. The format is FAT, as I started using this Ipod on a windows machine. I removed all of the music tracks from my Ipod using Amarok, because I wanted to start fresh with my new music collection. Here's the problem: I can't get Amarok to add any music tracks to the Ipod, regardless of the format of the track. Maybe there is some simple thing that I'm missing, but after reading many threads I think I'm lost as to how to get this working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(I'm on Feisty)

Re: Ipod trouble in Amarok

This link may be of help to you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I read the link, and I don't think it quite answers my question. I want to use Amarok to manage my ipod, not gtkpod. However, Amarok is having trouble transferring files to my ipod. What could be going on?

Comment

The exact message reads :

"Media device: Copying file :///home/philip/music/Eric B and Rakim/Paid in Full/01 I ain't no joke.m4a to file:///media/PHIL/iPod_Control/Music/f25/kpod0541994.m4a failed"

Comment

Okay, look over this link.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Even though I'm new to Linux, please don't assume that I haven't read through the basics. Those are the steps I went through to get to where Amarok failed in transferring files.

Comment

Working...
            X