This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get MBR for Vista back with Kubuntu.

Hello I am newbie with Kubuntu. The problem is that I cant get back in Vista it stays in the progress bar, same with the rescue cd. All this happen when I tried to install Kubuntu. I want to get Vista back so I can partition from Vista and then install Kubuntu. From Kubuntu I couldnt partition succesfully. I only could partition my root but not my swap (it wouldnt let me). Does anybody know how to get Vista to boot again? It seems that I can only go into Kubuntu from the Live Cd and I was wondering if I can fix it from Kubuntu. Thanks guys please help me I want to thrash Windows once and for all.

Re: Get MBR for Vista back with Kubuntu.

I just ran into the same problem with my vista,, all i did was remove one of my ram chips, because the mbr gets screwed up somehow, i dont know why but this is the only thing that worked for me,, now im back up and running with vista again,, then i shut my system down and installed the ram again and it worked i then went to downloads.com and downloaded innovative system optimizer and ran that to clean up my ram, hope this is some help

Comment

Re: Get MBR for Vista back with Kubuntu.

I don't use Vista, but there's good stuff in the following that may help you sort this out, including Vista rescue:

Vista *** The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
      http://apcmag.com/dualboot

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X