This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help 0 disk space

I had installed automatix, but then I restarted my computer because the computer froze because I tried using cedega to run my warcraft 3 but then it got so slow it froze
    Now my disk space says 0 mb out of 4.4gb free
    Please help me, I want to delete all the automatix files that it download but I don't know how
    I just started linux and all I wanted was to play my games faster then on XP, I did so much
    Please dont look at this thread and not reply
    It makes me feel more sadder
    Also if you can help me install intel linux graphics, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Please help 0 disk space

Originally posted by chroncile

I had installed automatix
    Don't do that.

Now my disk space says 0 mb out of 4.4gb free
    4.4GB is about 2GB too little for your root directory ("/"), and a whole bunch too little if you actually want any data files in your home ("/home") directory.

I want to delete all the automatix files that it download
    Yep I agree with that. I don't know how to get rid of it -- maybe
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove automatix
    all I wanted was to play my games faster then on XP
    Of all the reasons I can think of to run Linux, that wouldn't be one of them .... :P

Please dont look at this thread and not reply
    I didn't.

It makes me feel more sadder
    Cheer up -- tomorrow is another day!

Also if you can help me install intel linux graphics, I'd appreciate it.
    Well, you kinda kept your graphics chip a secret, didn't you? .... :P

Give the
    Code:
    xserver-xorg-video-intel
    package a try -- who knows?

Comment

Wow your a happy person, too bad I'm not

Code:
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Package automatix is not installed, so not removed
      The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
       binfmt-support
      Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
      Weird I have it installed but it says it's not installed

I also want to install this theme but it says an error :
      http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...&PHPSESSID=cae

Code:
      The desktop entry of type

X-GNOME-Metatheme

is unknown.
      The xorg is useless it doesn't even increase game performance, I want help to install the intel linux graphics, I always post this and no one replies
      My graphics card is Intel 82915G/GV/910GL

Oh and also could you please help me install the widgets that vista has, I've seen a lot of (K)ubuntus that have the weather clock and the other widget that vista has.
      Like this one http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...?content=57063

Please help me make my kubuntu like that, thanks

Comment

OK.

1. Happiness is a choice -- you simply choose it. It doesn't happen by itself.

Now, for the rest of it ....

Try installing the "915resolution" package for your graphics chip, like this:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install 915resolution
        Your theme -- do you already have Beryl and Emerald installed? If not, you're premature to try to install the theme. Take it one step at a time. First install Beryl, and make sure that it is working correctly (this needs to happen AFTER you have your video driver working right). THEN install Emerald, THEN install the theme that you want.

With Linux, the sequence of doing things is often the secret to success.

Comment

Code:
          Oh and also could you please help me install the widgets that vista has, I've seen a lot of (K)ubuntus that have the weather clock and the other widget that vista has.
          Superkaramba is the answer to that. You should have it in the repos. Install it with adept / synaptic then run it. You will find it in K->Utilities (or something like that, mine is in german). You will find all kinds of sexy widgets to install. Enjoy

You will also have to install Imagemagick from adept/synaptic as some of those widgets like liquid weather need that.

As for the themes dible is right. Step by step is a good way to go through like

If you have run out of space then you will have to expand (make larger) your partition where linux ( / ) resides.

To do this use gparted live cd:
          http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Also read the partitioning How To on that site.

I hope this helps and enjoy.
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

The 915 resolution does nothing
            It is useless, it doesn't have acceleration
            Also I still want to delete all of the automatix files, it's taken up more then 1 gb
            For the theme, I have beryl, but the theme does not affect my panel, the panel still remains the bad looking Grey, please help me

Comment

Hmmmm. If I understand what I found on Intel's site here:

http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/

Then that xserver-xorg-video-intel driver should be providing full support to your GPU. So, you don't believe you have 3D acceleration working? Try running
              Code:
              glxgears
              in a Konsole window and let us know what happens -- that's the basic test of 3D. If it works, then we'll look for some other issue.

Comment

Code:
                4191 frames in 5.0 seconds = 838.079 FPS
                4156 frames in 5.0 seconds = 831.136 FPS
                4165 frames in 5.0 seconds = 832.810 FPS
                I know that works, but last time it was 1200+ fps because 3D Acceleration was enabled because I checked cedega and it said it was running.
                Also I want to compile these drivers, but I can't compile the kernel modules because it says access denied to the folder, how do I change the permission so I can compile the kernel modules so that I can install the drivers so I can be happy

Comment

Originally posted by chroncile

so I can be happy
                  Now come on -- we both know that isn't going to happen!

Obviously, I have no way of knowing what a prior glxgears output was, but your numbers are fine for most graphics stuff.

Are you sufficiently experienced with compiling your own modules to be comfortable doing this? Or, alternatively, do you view your system as an expendable experiment such that the consequences of failure are not a concern? I myself shrink from compiling my own modules -- I'm lazy and scared of it. But, they say it's not that bad ...

As for permissions, there's my GUI way, and the other way, that involves "chmod 777". I'll tell you my way, and maybe someone else will share the chmod magic.

Do Alt-F2 and enter
                  Code:
                  kdesu konqueror
                  This will open Konqueror in Super User mode -- a powerful, albeit somewhat dangerous capability is now in your hands. Now browse to whatever folder is giving you grief, right-click on the folder, choose "properties", choose the "permissions" tab, and set it to whatever you want. Probably you want chroncile to have read and write, and you want the chroncile Group to have the same.

That's it -- good luck with it!

Comment

Aw man, i was hoping that would work
                    What am I doing wrong??
                    here is the dri.log :

Code:
                    make DRM_MODULES=i915.o modules
                    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core'
                    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/build SUBDIRS=`pwd` DRMSRCDIR=`pwd` modules
                    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.20-16-generic'
                     CC [M] /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drm_auth.o
                    In file included from /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drm_auth.c:36:
                    /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drmP.h:44:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
                    make[3]: *** [/home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drm_auth.o] Error 1
                    make[2]: *** [_module_/home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core] Error 2
                    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.20-16-generic'
                    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
                    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core'
                    make: *** [i915.o] Error 2

Comment

Well, we're pretty far afield from anything that I would consider myself good at, but this seems to be a problem:

CC [M] /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drm_auth.o
                      In file included from /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drm_auth.c:36:
                      /home/myusername/i915-20060403-linux.i386/i915-20060403-linux.i386/drm/linux-core/drmP.h:44:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
                      So, I guess you could take a peek and see if it's true that drmP.h:44:26 does not exist. But probably it doesn't, and I've no clue why not.

Comment

No
                        Aw man I though that I was going to finely put an end to this problem
                        Ty for your help anyway

Comment

I don't understand why you would want to compile the module. When you install the 915resolution package from the repository, you have it -- that's as good as it gets.

Comment

But the 915 resolution doesn't have openGL support
                            I need a driver that does

Comment

the xserver-xorg-video-intel does not?

Comment

Working...
                              X