This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help (cant mount devices)

I dont know what i did wrong? I think i installed something and now my Network manager is gone and i cant get online without booting up with the kubuntu install disc.

Also kubuntu will not read any CDs, or external hard drives that i put in after a normal boot, and before that kubuntu stooped recognizing my internal wireless card.

I dont know, is there a script or something that i can use to fix the device/ cd mounting problem? please help

Re: Need help (cant mount devices)

I didn't have the same problem, but I did have a problem once when I updated; apparently some mimetypes became corrupted during the update process. I fixed the problem by starting Kubuntu in safe graphics mode and typing "sudo aptitude" in the command line (may have been an overkill, but Adept Manager and many other programs wouldn't run do to the corrupted mimetypes). When the aptitude GUI came up, I told it to update, ignoring the install/uninstall program list. Once it finished, I had to reinstall some of my software, but Kubuntu worked properly again.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
    X