This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exception 0x804b0012

I am getting a message when I start T/bird. "Exception component returned failure code 0x804b0012." it goes on to mention "myab" which I have been trying to use to get my address book over from windows. Once I close the info box, T/bird then starts as normal. Can anyone tell me how do I get rid of this.
    Thanks in advance. James.

Re: Exception 0x804b0012

Are you using T/Bird to read feeds? If you are then look at e.g. http://www.nabble.com/forumzilla-sto...-t1684090.html
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Are you using the syncmab extension to synchronize address books from TB win and TB linux?

If so, you have to setup a mab file on your win or a shared partition with your win TB syncmab and syncmab in both TB's then point both syncmabs to that file. Plus this file has to be read/write/execute from your linux user.

I hope that helps.

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Arochester, thanks but no that is not what I am trying to do, Fintan has it by the nuts. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Could you explain in terms your average goose can understand, just how to do this. Thanks in advance. Regards, James.

Comment

Fintan, sorry to bump this but I would like to understand how to do what you describe. Regards.

Comment

Okay, assuming you have an address book with all your contacts etc. on your win version of TB you will have to install syncmab on this version first.

You can get it here:
            https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2215

Now you will have to create a directory, either on your win partition or in a separate partition (ntfs, fat32) if available, lets call it myaddresses and tell syncmab to export your address book to this directory at closing TB and reimport at opening TB. You can name that exported (syncmab) file anything you want like TBaddresses2007. Syncmab will export your address book to that file immediately and when ever you change/add something syncmab will export the changes whenever you close TB.

So far so good.

Now, for the linux part and this is important.
            If the partition where you have the TBaddresses2007 file is ntfs or fat32 you will have to mount it read/write/execute when booting your linux system. If you don't TB on Linux cannot read/write from or to that file

There are plenty of how to's for this here on this forum.

When you have done this all you have to do is install syncmab on your linux version of TB and point it to the file TBaddresses2007. Now tell it to import that file upon opening TB and export it upon closing.

That should do it and whenever you you use your TB in whichever environment your address book will be up to date

I hope this helps
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thanks for your timely response. I have sync mab on my win version, how do I create the necessary directory. See, told you I was a bit thick!! Regards.

Comment

You are welcome.

Open "my files" or wherever you keep your data/files in explorer, right click and choose new->folder, give it a name like myaddresses, done.

Now you will have to point syncmab to that folder.

In my example above "folder" = "directory". Sorry all my stuff is in german so I have to translate.
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Ok Fintan. I opened my docs and created a new folder. I closed T/bird and went to the new folder, it's still empty. Is that all good so far? I have rebooted in to kubuntu could you please point me to the "how to" I need. i had a look and was unable to find it. Regards.

Comment

If you are using ntfs then read this:
                    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/widows-ntf...tu-feisty.html

Did you export your address book into your new folder yet?
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thanks for that. I have to go to bed now, Be in touch tomorrow. Good night from the land down under.

Comment

Working...
                      X