Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIRELESS G... UNIT... More issues than the rap ensamble...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIRELESS G... UNIT... More issues than the rap ensamble...

Evening All,

Having a bit of trouble with my new wireless stuff here at the apt. Since last I spoke to you all I moved apts and decided to switch to wireless to save holes in my walls... needless to say things aren't going great.

I've had to reboot into windows for the first time in nearly a month to see what the issue is with my wireless stuff - after getting it set up in windows fine (using WEP protocol) I figured it was merely a matter of rebooting into linux and entering the password... unfortunately the Knet manager (or whatever it's official called) seems to time out around 57% completion and then after some length of time simply re-prompts me for the network password (I've made sure it uses WEP - WPA wasn't even an option, the password is set as a 128bit ASCII and I switch the WEP to the ascii protocol after the first timeout).

I'm uber new to wireless so I'm not sure of where all the settings are, etc... Some things to know to help you help me:

- Router is a DLink 2310 Wireless G
    - Adapter on the PC is a DLink 2320 Wireless G
    - Router is set with a specific name and as stated it is currently only using a WEP encryption, 128bit, ASCII Password
    - ALSO: I have not updated Kubuntu in a bit (probably a month - I know I know), so if a hardwiring is in order to address the issue I will attempt and post my results.

I'm still pretty newb to linux, but I'm quite proficient with finding my conf and log files now... if ya need one, tell me what it is and I will probably be able to find it in know time...

Thanks folks!

L.

Re: WIRELESS G... UNIT... More issues than the rap ensamble...

Review this post for another users wireless solution.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X