This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Bit Torrents.

Just wondering if anyone would know how to go about viewing a Bit Torrent Movie that i have just finished downloading. I keep getting "No plugin found to handle this resource (2007) D0PE CAM KvCD Hockney(TUS Release)/Hairspray (2007) D0PE CAM KvCD Hockney(TUS Release).bin)" as am error come up when i try to view it using the Kaffeine player and "error opening/initializing the selected video_out (vo) device" when i use the MPlayer Video player. Is there something i need to download/install in order to view this type of file/movie?? If so what is it and where do i find it?
    Thanks for your help and hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me out with this as i seem to be getting nowhere with it myself.

Re: Viewing Bit Torrents.

bin you say?
    That might even not be a movie. Bin is an image file, in this case probably a video cd image. Mplayer should play it. But this can be something different that a move. If you have an empty cd you can spare you might try buring the image to disk with k3b (you'll have to have a *.cue sheet for that)

a cue sheet looks like this:
    Code:
    FILE "yourfile.bin" BINARY
     TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Viewing Bit Torrents.

thanx for that. it is a .bin file indeed so yes it would be an image file..
      when you say to follow the cue sheet to save it to disk the only cue sheet i got was for Nero and obviously Kubuntu does not have Nero on it. so unless there is an ulternative to Nero how am i to save this file to disk in order to view/extract it?

Comment

Ever tried k3b? If you're running kubuntu, you should already have it installed.

Of course, there is nero for Lnux, but it costs money, whereas k3b is free.

Cheers and good luck!
        Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

I have tried using k3b and it doesn't seem to work for some reason. I think i may not have fully downloaded the actual file but am also unsure how to tell if i did or not as i can't view it. i have tried to view it with Kaffeine but i doesn't accept the format. Is there anything you could possibly suggest i could do to 1stly view the file and then 2ndly burn it to a disk?
          Thanx for your on goin assistance here guys.

Comment

did you try mplayer? It can play bin files. (video cd image binaries)

Comment

Working...
            X