This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail and Dual boot. I think.

Gooday all. I have a coupla questions. Firstly when I try to send an email with Kmail i am told to configure the default sender. When I do that it crashes.
    Secondly can I have windows and Kubuntu running at the same time or do I have to shut down and restart with the other OS. Thanks in advance.

Re: Kmail and Dual boot. I think.

I use Thunderbird email and haven't used Kmail.

As for the second question, you have to shutdown and restart or simply re-start to change operating systems; you can't have them running at the same time. Now there is VMWare, which sort of hits on the direction you are thinking, I haven't tried it, but lots of people here have experience with it.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

In Kontact under settings>>configure Kmail>>Identities select your Identity and on the right you will see a button for set default.

Also to run windows,have a look at this,

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086270.0

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Interesting , I followed the above link and the bloke there says in his first paragraph to install Automatix. My understanding of it is that Automatix is not such a good idea. Yours?

Comment

I agree with your understanding, not the bloke.

Comment

You can still get the VM player without Automatix. Everything that automatix offers to do you can get yourself with adept or synaptic.

eriefisher
            ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
            X