This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail doesn't show new emails

My kmail suddenly broke down. It downloads the messages, but they never appear in the mailboxes. This is for all accounts.
    What could be the problem?
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Re: kmail doesn't show new emails

I tried making new folders, but it didn't help. Also deletion of kmailrc and kmail.eventsrc did not have any effect.

Anyone any tips?
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Are you sure that messages are actually being downloaded?

If you are seeing a transmission complete message, but it appears as if nothing is happening at all, you might want to look at my reply here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086478.0

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Messages are really being downloaded, I can see the percentage-of-download-indicator move on while an email with a large attachment is being downloaded. Also, each time email has been downloaded, the system plays 'my sound' as a sign that new messages have been received.

I nevertheless restarted the network status daemon, but it did not have any effect.

The email does not appear in kmail and is not written to the maildir folder.

I changed the permissions of the mailbox.index, mailbox.index.ids and mailbox.index.sorted to RW-RW-RW (instead of RW------ or RW-R--R-), this also did not help.

Comment

I would look in the settings and see where the mail is being sent to(what folder). Maybe it somehow got changed from the normal inbox?

eriefisher
          ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Delivery of mail is to the correct folders according to the settings. I also created new folders to see if it would help, but it won't.
            Delivery to all folders fails (or at least the messages do not show in the folders).

Comment

You can see your old messages from the folder correct? It is only new messages that aren't showing up?

Comment

Yes that is right, old messages are correctly displayed.

I understand you are as puzzled as I am?

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Comment

Well, at last I completely uninstalled kontact and kmail, removed the settings of both in ~./kde/share/config then reinstalled it and entered the settings manually.

Then I went on to configure my Kontact as-I-like-it. Then suddenly, the problem was there again: I could not see the downloaded new messages.

It turned out that Bogofilter (SPAM-filter) was causing this. I disabled it and used another (CRM114) which works all right!

Comment

Thanks for the update giving the solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X