Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP, need to get a program, DON'T know how, read!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, need to get a program, DON'T know how, read!!!!!!

i just downloaded kubuntu on my computer in my room, but to get internet i need to use Alltel's QuickLink Mobile, i tried to use wine, but that didn't work, but i dont know ANYTHING, never touched linux before in my life, so i am completely new, if anyone can help me, PLEASE post help

Re: HELP, need to get a program, DON'T know how, read!!!!!!

you dont know how to connect to internet?
    try this?
    dsl-setup?

I am not in my room, I can not find right folder, but you can find such files in following folder:
    /usr/sbin/...
    maybe it likes dslxxx

you should set up your dsl or modem device first, then you need set dns , account and password provided by your provider.

goood luck

Comment

i don't have dsl, i have internet through cell phone, which needs a program i stated above

Comment

Might want to try tech support for your cell phone provider (Alltel). Obviously the phone must have the ability to be used as a modem (tethered) since you downloaded Kubuntu to your PC. What model of phone is it, or is it an air card that can hit the wireless network. I had a treo 700p thru verizon that had data enabled but I never tried it with kubuntu, (sorry old windows man). Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X