This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live CD Login

i'm a new to kubuntu, but i've used several linux distros in the past. i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to answer a question for me. it has prolly been asked before, but i couldn't seem to find it with a search of the forum or google. i have a kubuntu live cd (dd flight 2, just for temporary use to boot a pc, i have a 5.10 dvd for install for later). everything went fine and i made some changes to the system settings and a logout/login was required. so i logged out, and now i can't log back in cuz i don't know the username or password. can someone just please tell me what they are?

edit: i figured out by rebooting that that the username is ubuntu and there isn't a password. but i kinda figured, but nonetheless, was disappointed to lose all my settings. i've seen it asked before, but i'm not entirely clear. is there a way to save my settings to a usb key drive? otherwise, i don't wanna restart....
    <br />

Re: Live CD Login

To save your settings to an USB Drive you'd have to make it bootable. If you need a link for that let me know.

Comment

Re: Live CD Login

This original post is dated 6th January 2006
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
      X