This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird SMB/samba problem

okay... I've looked on the forums for a while and I haven't found the solution so I probably just missed it...

I've got 3 computers that i want to network ( + an Xbox but that's not important)
    the network goes as follows
    internet Modem > Netgear WGT624 router > Kubuntu, xbox, Linksys BEFSR41 V3 router> Vista , XP

I have DHCP turned off on the Linksys... I've got static ip's set for all computers and the linksys
    well... I've set up an IP lease... i think that's what it's called. I set it so the DHCP on the netgear reserves the IP's for those mac addresses

everything works 100% on the XP machine
    I can share folders and drives and access them through SMB

Kubuntu machine does funny things...
    I can see the first level of folders... but then it tells me they don't exist
    which is funny because I don't see how it would know they were there if they didn't exist.

Vista Machine's SMB doesn't work at all but I'm less concerned about that.

Vista machine says there's something happening with the Firewall... I know that it's not talking about it's own windows firewall because I've set that up and it tells me that windows firewall has been configured for SMB or w.e...
    so it could be possible that there's something going on with the Netgear firewall.
    But if this is the case, why does the XP machine work 100% everywhere?

either way... I'm wondering if I shouldn't just try the whole thing over...
    if this is a really common problem I'd really like someone to point me to a good forum link where someone has figured it out

thanks

Rock on
    ~Ryan

Re: weird SMB/samba problem

well
    I'm not sure if I should make a new post or just bump this one back up...

I'm still having the same problem

however... I've installed a new a hard Drive and figured out how to mount it and stuff

I want to be able to share my home folder and my Media folder
    but nothing is cooperating

if anyone can help
    That'd be super

Rock on
    ~Ryan

Comment

Working...
    X