This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't change the resolution

i tried to change the resolution in kubuntu by pressing configure desktop and i aslo tried it in the boot screen but it's locked at 640x480. when i run windows it runs at 1024x768. i mean i would really likeot see kubuntu in my entire screen not on a small part of it.
    have any ideas?

Re: i can't change the resolution

try the solution to the xserver problem at http://www.kubuntuforums.net/forums/...p?topic=2434.0 it should fix your problem too.

Comment

Hi,

it would be useful to know your computer or rather your screen if it isn't a laptop. I had similar problems with my old Toshiba laptop until I checked in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Here is what you should do:

1. Make a copy of your existing xorg.conf. Rename it, for example, to xorg.conf.bak

2. Open xorg.conf with your favourite editor. For non linux pros the following command will get you going: sudo kate /etc/X11/xorg.conf

3. Go down to where it says: Section "Screen" Here you should find all the different modes (incl. 1024x768) including the default depth. Change the default depth from 24 to 16 and save the file.

4. Log out and log in again and with any luck you should see a properly filled out screen!

HTH

Ingo
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

open /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in kate
        open a konsole and write
        kdesu kate
        then browse to the above file and open

look for this section (shown below)
        and adjust the HorizSync & VertRefresh to the settings below
        save the file
        close all apps and restart X using C.A.B
        (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace)

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "HP D2837"
        Option "DPMS"
        HorizSync 30-70
        VertRefresh 50-120

this should then allow the settings you require to be enabled for your system monitor

also which GPU do you have installed ...

Comment

Working...
        X