X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w32codecs apt-get prob!

hey all,

for the second time today another apt-get question from me.

this time i added to my sources.list

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main

so that i could retrive the w32codecs for kaffeine or mplayer
    still cant even find myplayer to download yet, but ill deal with that later
    anyway after i add to my sources I run apt-get update and this is what i get at the end of my shell script.

Hit http://kubuntu.org breezy Release
    Hit http://kubuntu.org breezy/main Packages
    Err ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch Release.gpg
    Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.nerim.net:21 (2001:7a8:1:5::14). - connect (101 Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:7a8:1:5::14 21]
    Ign ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch Release
    Ign ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch/main Packages
    Err ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch/main Packages
    Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.nerim.net:21 (2001:7a8:1:5::14). - connect (101 Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:7a8:1:5::14 21]
    Fetched 5B in 8m5s (0B/s)
    Failed to fetch ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/...ch/Release.gpg Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.nerim.net:21 (2001:7a8:1:5::14). - connect (101 Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:7a8:1:5::14 21]
    Failed to fetch ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/...86/Packages.gz Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.nerim.net:21 (2001:7a8:1:5::14). - connect (101 Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:7a8:1:5::14 21]
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

seems to me as if deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main dosent even exist, can anyone help a n00b!
    &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Re: w32codecs apt-get prob!

Don't use marillat, use plf.

Comment

I did a search and found some plf repos, like the freecontrib.org ones, then when I apt-get install w32codecs it says does not exist or can not find them.

Comment

Did you do a 'apt-get update' to refresh the package lists (to include the repos you added)?

Comment

yes i did, and even went into adept to make sure they were active, but nothing, nada zip, even tried just to see apt-get install kmplayer, xmms and a couple others, nothing, i am not on my comp right now, but in a bit i will post my sources.list since i know that info might help, please be patient with me. thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

Does that computer connect to the internet? Because it doesn't look like it does:
            <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

yeah but i am on a buisness restricted firewall when i am at work, and it filters bad sites, so that could be it.

Comment

Why not just download the .deb to your desktop?
                ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/...2-0.0_i386.deb

Then, open up a Konsole terminal and
                Code:
                cd Desktop
                sudo dpkg -i w32codecs_20050412-0.0_i386.deb
                Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

I was told not to use that repos, milliant, not sure why though, but I might give it a try, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X