This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoumount?

I'm a newbie to this topic so I'll post here. Came over to kubuntu for a trial from slackware and naturally the first thing I notice is that in kubuntu pretty much everything gets done for you. Well I'm not really used to that and I don't want to mess up my lovely automated system so I'm going to ask here before I play around to much.

When you plug in a device you can ask kde to automount it for you as user. This is a very nice feature as it gives the user automatic write permissions and full control as to how the device is mounted. However there are some devices that my wife and I share (with two seperate logins). So I was wondering if there was any way that kde could autoumount when I logged off and autoremount under my wife when she logged on?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I've tried turning off the feature mount as user and then I'm stuck with it mounting user: root group: root. I'm not prepared to give any user account root permissions just so they can share a drive. And I'm not quite sure how to automount to any other shared groups.

Re: autoumount?

avoiding the obvious jokes about you and your wifes mounting problems :P

What is this device that you would like to have automatically mount and umount? Perhaps a quick script containing mount/umount commands could be written and then put in the proper directory to run the script at log in and log out?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=455138
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Working...
    X