This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Disk Backup

While I have been using Windoze and had to constantly reinstall I used Nero BackitUp to make a boot disk. What I could do is install the OS off the CD (XP or 98 disk) and then install aditional progams and then run Nero to make a disk that would restore the hard drive to its exact state. So the disk would put Windoze back on on all the other programs and setting (including the Nero I installed to make the disk). It would make boot CD or DVDs, my choice

[img width=400 height=400]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8082/backupiscoolai2.jpg[/img]
    Not sure if that does the same thing.

Anyways, I dont think I will have to reinstall Linux twice a month, but it is still good to have. I reinstalled Linux only once (this doesnt include installing it for the first time or when I went from Kubuntu 7.04 --> format --> Ubuntu 6.10 --> Kubuntu 6.10 via Sudo apt-get install KDE (or whatever the last part was, something like Kdesktop).

Also, If I make a boot disk on one PC will it work on all PCs?? I think XP freezes when ran on other PCs and 98 goes but it has to install lots of drivers and the old ones are probably still there wasting space...
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Boot Disk Backup

I suspect that the Verbatim thingy is exactly the same type of program as Nero's. In addition, I didn't see anything in that ad that caused me to believe that the program ran in Linux. There used to be a program in Kubuntu called Kdar that does exactly what I think you want to do. Unfortunately, it was removed from Feisty. It may be that it's no longer supported by the author(s), but if you've gone back to Edgy(6.10) you should still find Kdar in the repos. Unfortunately, the instructions for use are not very friendly for new users, but there's at least one person on this site who used to use Kdar. I hope there's someone else with a better memory than I have, because it's been at least three months, since the last time I saw Kdar.

Comment

Re: Boot Disk Backup

I never said the nTI thing (the ad was slipped into a verbatim CD-R, but the software is nTI) ran on Linux, I was just using it (and Nero) as examples. On my P3 I use 6.10, as I have lots of issues with 7.04....
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X