This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux+ Certification Questions

I'm reading through the Linux+ Certification "study guide" pdf supplied by Comptia, and it has confused me on some points.

1.4 Identify purpose of Linux machine based on predetermined customer requirements (for example: appliance, desktop system, database, mail server, web server, etc.)
    Wouldn't customer requirements determine the purpose of the Linux machine. ie. Customer: "I need a mail server." Linux Service Man: "Well you need this desktop system then" --NO!

1.11 Select appropriate parameters for LInux installation (for example: language, time zones, keyboard, mouse)
    Isn't this kind of basic? REALLY basic? I mean it sounds so simple, that I must be missing something. First, kubuntu configured my keyboard and mouse before I even installed the OS. And if you don't know what language or time zone to install the OS to, then you have bigger problems than learning linux. Or are they talking about some sort of command line, after the installation configuration. If so, shouldn't this section be in the "Domain 3.0 Configuration"?

Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Re: Linux+ Certification Questions

I believe that in Q1.4 they're asking you HOW you would inform the installer whether the purpose of the machine was A, B, or C, in somebody's particular installer RedHat, Debian, Suse, or whoever they want you to learn. My guess would be both RedHat and Debian. BTW, it's trivial in Debian. Similarly, in Q1.11 they want you to show that you can play with the both dpkg-reconfigure and the RedHat equivalent. I'd check and see which distros the test supports.

I suspect that the rationale is that in the real world, "Get it done fast" is much more important than "user friendly", so they may want you to understand the CLI ways of doing things. But, I'm absolutely uncertified to do anything so I really don't know how the certifiers think.

Comment

Re: Linux+ Certification Questions

http://www.ucertify.com/download/XK0-002.html Pretty dumb. A linux practice test that runs only in windows. Duh!

Guess I'll try to wine it.

UPDATE:
      Nope wont wine. I get the message "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality." Stupid windows programs.
      Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Working...
      X